G Chapel

The Baptist Church in Stradbroke was founded in 1817 and the present chapel was erected in 1842. Nowadays a group of around twenty local people meet each Sunday at 10.15 a.m. for a worship service of approximately one hour. This is followed by refreshments. Children meet at the same time for Sunday School.

There is monthly evening of Bible Study and discussion and from time to time the "Alpha" course, exploring the Christian faith, is organised.

Once a month our kitchen provides lunch for 30-40 people and this is followed by a quiz, a speaker or an entertainment, finishing with a Christian message. Our motto is 'worship God and serve the Community' and with this in mind we regularly support a number of local and international charities.

For more information, please see the Stradbroke Monthly or contact John Ling on 01379 388751 or Jackie Hughes on 01379 384112.