G.W194Legion HallThe Stradbroke and District Branch was formed in 1921 by a group of ex-serviceman living in the local area, and was one of the first to be established after the end of the First World War. Those first members collected sufficient funds and then bought a timber frame building. It was erected on a narrow site in New Street and for many years it also doubled as 'The Village Hall'.

It was a very popular village gathering place and socials, whist-drives, dances, dinners and wedding receptions were all held there. It gradually fell into disrepair and was closed. Then it was demolished and the site sold in 1982. 

The Royal British Legion is still dedicated to the benefit of all ex-service men and women and their families. For further information and membership enquiries please contact us on 07701 331030 or the email address This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Chairman: Michael Burton
Secretary: Bernard Mills
Treasurer: Andy Davidson

New members are always welcome.  

The War Memorial was dedicated in 1922 before a very large crowd, soon after the Branch was formed.

WarmemorialIt is still the focus of a large assembly of British Legion members, the public and representatives of village organisations at 11.00 a.m.of the Sunday nearest to Armistice Day. Wreaths are presented and they remain in place for some months as a fitting tribute to those from the village who gave their lives in the service of their country.